I think I spend a good portion of my virtual life working on keeping the other people around me seeing their awesomeness! So, needless to say, I spend a lot of time thinking more about them and less about me. When Jeanine told me why she nominated me though, I guess it took me a moment to realize what a real and true honor it really is to be nominated.
Being recognized by your peers in the blogging community is probably the greatest honor of all. Not doing any of my liebsters I felt kind of guilty doing this one- however, inspiration is one of my favorite words. Somehow, being told your inspiring, says so much more.
Now I did a little research on this award and if you have ever played the telephone game with a bunch of 6 year olds (scout joke) you know how things change as they get passed down the line.
Originally, this award stated to give 7 facts about yourself and not answer questions- so being the rebel who loves writing lists, I am going to do that! Then I am going to nominate my most inspiring bloggers- The ones who really and truly Inspire me not just as fellow bloggers but as people in their everyday lives.
** link to Jeanine's page-Jsacks Moms House**
* I was pushed into blogging, as a matter of fact, it was almost a forced move. I have been writing for pleasure my whole life and was Anti-Blog until a Trekkie convinced me to make the move. I haven't regretted it, not a second of it.
* As a mother of four boys, I admit, I am more of a mommy blogger, but I definitely don't box myself in. I write about what inspires me to write. The stories in my head that need to be written. Life issues, my own life and that in which surrounds me, so I am a life blogger instead!
* I am a Cub Scout leader and a children's advocate within my community! I put families first and foremost. I believe that the best way to start is to get families involved in all matters of the community! So I start small and I am working my way up.
* I married my best friend almost 4 years ago and we have been together for 7 years now! He is my love story! I gain a little strength everyday from his love!
* The best friends I have ever had in my life I have met through running my page and starting this blog.
* I have tea parties everyday by myself. I am a coffee drinker who loves tea!
* I am an avid reader, but I will always find inspiration from the first book I picked up on my own. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
* Music is my religion, even now I have Billy Joel playing softly in the background- melodies, lyrics, the artist themself, are a great source of inspiration.
* My children are the greatest part of my heart! They drive me crazy, they bring chaos in their wake, but they are the biggest source of my love and just being their mother is an inspiration to live every day to the fullest.
* I cherish every moment, the smallest things are worth the most appreciation. As a victim of Chronic Pain and Depression, I have to push myself to think positively all the time, but if for one moment I falter, stumble into the dark, I am the only one who can pick up the pieces.
So, that is a little about me, now those I nominate!
I had to think hard because in a small way, every person I have met on this journey has inspired me to be a better person, to write from my heart and never comprimise. Yet, even through the vast world of bloggers a few really stand out among the rest!
Jenn, from Sparkly Poetic Weirdo is my first nomination. I met her through Sunday Confessions and I haven't looked back since. She inspires me everyday with her beautiful words and her beautiful soul. She does a Wonderful Wednesday on her Facebook page that shows even the smallest acts of kindness can change someone's life for the better!
My second nomination who is really my first, because she has played mentor, best friend and biggest cheerleader is Chasity at
Dammit Jim, I'm a Mom, Not a Doctor. She found me lurking her page, learned of mine and has been pushing and inspiring me everyday since. She is The Shy Poet and writes from her heart. I thank every star that I was lucky enough to become not just a Trekkie, but a true friend with this lady!
Then there is Jennifer, from Ignore the Mess. We had a battle (not really) over soul mate status with Dammit Jim and from there our friendship blossomed. Jennifer has forced me to stop doubting myself, my ability to write and has poked me a lot to wake up! We spend a lot of time talking about whatever we can talk about and she inspires the maybe not so funny, but definitely the amusing out of me!
Last but not least is a woman whose very status updates inspire me everyday. She is a strong heartfelt writer, who takes inspiration from her own life. Honey Badger at
Just a minute my cape is in the dryer. She is one of my newest, yet biggest inspirations! She never fails to move me with her stories!
And that is that! The world is your stage ladies! You are an inspiration in many lives, even if you don't know it!