I honestly could not think of anything that would be considered a guilty pleasure.
While trying to find inspiration I found the definition of a guilty pleasure! Yes, you read that correctly. I looked up Guilty Pleasure in my Google search bar because I was feeling very lost and confused over this week's Sunday Confession. A guilty pleasure is something some one does for pleasure while feeling guilty about it.
I wracked my brain over and over again. The conversation went something like this;
"Well, Brain, we like so many things.. What makes us feel guilty?"
"Well, remember that one time you grabbed a slice of pizza on the way home from work? You felt guilty then because you didn't bring anything home for the kids."
"Yes, but I was sooo hungry and I can't walk on an empty stomach. I also only had 3 dollars. So I am not sure there was any pleasure there. Sigh"
Brain ponders, "You keep the expensive chocolate next to your bed!!!"
"Yes, yes... but I do not feel guilty about that. Those kids get all sorts of treats all the time. That chocolate is mine!"
"The Hobbit? Lord of the Rings? Pirates? Howl? Nah, forget it.. you watch all those for me... Your books??"
"No, no Brain... my books don't make me feel guilty. I read old friends before I buy new ones. You know that. Last time I bought new ones, I used some of my birthday money. Remember?"
"Yea... oh wait I know.... I got it!!! Shoes!!"
"Oh, shit Brain... shoes.... yes...maybe.."
I guess obsession and guilty pleasure could be the same thing right? I mean, most people buy shoes because they actually need to wear them. I buy them like art. I think I have at least 15 pairs that I never wore or barely ever wore. I guess that could go for Jewelry and purses too.
I am not really sure if I feel guilty about these little pleasures. I know I feel sick to my stomach whenever I try to downsize. Only once have I ever felt actual guilt over buying something and that was because Christmas was only 3 weeks away.
Maybe I am spoiled! My husband supports all of my habits. My mother lives with me so she let's me nap, which is actually necessary to a condition I have. I open and honest with my children. I never deny myself the things I enjoy and I sure as hell do not feel guilt over them. Probably, because I lived a very long time feeling guilty for everything, including things I never even did! Bah, I would have to write a list and cross stuff off to find a pleasure I feel guilty about. So here is my list of pleasures.
- Music- No guilt there! I like what I like. I will not explain myself; even if it is stuff from Junior high! Like Hanson and Back Street Boys!
- Yummy food- I like food. I like chocolate and cake and sugar.. But I share sometimes. Nope not guilty!
- Shoes and Jewelry- I should feel guilty about this. I do not. I feel bad when I buy things and then don't wear them, slightly, but those tiny purchases have made me feel better.
- Sex- Well I enjoy this. I get angry when I don't get it. I never feel guilty over it though!!
- Going out- Sometimes my husband and I go out before or after grocery shopping. I admit I feel a little guilty when we do this. Since sometimes the kids are just having chicken nuggets! However.... *shrugs* we count them as date nights! Bam! Guilt over!
I have more like my shows and my collections. My issue with wanting to be lazy! So maybe there are things that I feel a little bit of guilt over. Just a few. I will be honest with myself! I however, don't do half of them as much to even think of them as pleasures to feel guilty over.
I confess to lacking guilt! Maybe that is my guilty pleasure!?! Honesty!
Oh well... I tried! I am not sorry! I accept myself the way I am, totally Guilt Free!!!!
♡ That is my link up with More than Cheese and Beer this week for Sunday Confessions!